Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lazy days of summer....yeah right!

Today is a perfect example of how life should be...I'm sitting on my deck looking out at the water (through the trees and their leaves that are getting bigger everyday), sipping an ice coffee after I finished my workout (also on the deck) Twittering....Facebooking...and back to Blogging away while the boy sleeps! I wish I could make money doing these social networking sites...I'm kind of addicted.

The one thing I would change is the "lawn" I'm staring at....ha ha...lawn, more like dirt pile... we haven't had the loam delivered yet that will promise us a beautiful green, plush, lawn in just over 8 weeks...and I wish it was here yesterday. I'm a grass girl...I love the smell of it, the bright green color...the feel of it...I would take a perfectly manicured lawn any day over oceanfront property...though the two together are an unbeatable pair. I'm listening to the birds chirping (soon to be replace by my waking child I'm sure) the lawn care going on at our neighbors and just realizing how lucky we are to live where we live. The "recession" has affected us just like it has affected everyone else, and its days like these that we count our blessings that we still have a roof over our head...we both get up and go to work every week....that for the most part, our fridge is full of fresh healthy food....(okay some weeks not so much) and we have a happy, healthy little boy.

So everyone, think about how luck you are for the things you DO have, not the clothes, cars, houses you want...in a time like this, I hope that all of our materialistic goals (especially my want for new furniture) get thrown out the window without a backward glance and we realize that the things we are truly grateful for will always be there!

TTFN!
mommamartini

No comments: