Monday, March 3, 2008

A baby is born!

My best friend found out she was pregnant shortly after our 10 year HS reunion (of which we both were peeing on sticks in order to feel confident to have a few drinks). About a week after she got home, I get a text from her "Knocked up"! I was so excited for her, and happy because we were also trying to get "knocked up" and I was hoping to have a pregnant partner to share our stories with! Low and behold, within 4 weeks, I got the two lines as well! We've had many overly honest discussions regarding the effects pregnancy has had on our bodily systems and our minds! Its been a fun ride and we are nearing the end...in fact she has crossed the finish line with a beautiful healthy little boy born this morning at 1:50am! She's already tried to share some of the honest gruesomeness of going through labor and deliver and I am so releived that I can count on at least one mom being 100% honest about what I can expect regardless of the stomach turning that it might bring on!

Congratulations momma! I can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much!!! I can't wait for you to meet little Jackson too! This August baby.......our little bambinos can play together!!