Monday, March 31, 2008

Official overcooked!

So here we are on the last day of March 2008! I'm still pregnant with my first baby and wondering why in hell won't they come out! The squirming going on in there has become quite uncomfortable. Its hard to imagine that a full grown little baby is still all snuggled up INSIDE me! Think of that the next time you see a new baby that is OUTSIDE the womb...that same little person, not a week or two before was crunched up inside its mom. That part is whats amazing when you think about it!

I've been having strong contractions, but not regular and increasing which is what we've been waiting for for weeks now. I do want to spend my "waiting time"more productively (as opposed to surfing the web, making lists, watching TV as I have resigned myself to do for the past couple of days) but don't want to drive a half hour away by myself just in case, and don't really want to head into town for the inevitable comments "You haven't had that baby yet!" So that means that hanging out at home is pretty much all I've got. Not that I mind, I love my house, but I have lots of hanging out at home to do once the baby finally gets here!! At least after a week or two, I will be able to get out in public again without all the questions! I get to show off my baby instead!!

So we decided to wait for the birth to find out the sex. I think that makes the wait a bit more excruciating for us, becuase we have no idea who we are about to meet! Will it be a mini-ME or a mini-HIM? RIght now, we are all green and yellow, so I'm really looking forward to adding some blue or pink to our color scheme!

So right now, I'm watching a baby show (of course) and the midwife was just scolding the laboring mom for whining and moaning loudly! What! B$(*#%, you better not scold me! I'm the one pushing a baby out! Thankfully, my midwife is wonderful, super laid back and I actually look forward to laboring with her. I hope I keep my sense of humor! I hope my husband keeps his lunch down! He has a tendency when he gets nervous, to yack! Though I think age has hardened his stomach a little bit because he successfully made it through our wedding without puking once! I think its a cute and endearing quality! "He's so sensitive"

Well now I'm just babbling....but in the meantime I have two good contractions! Here's wishing this is my last post before I FINALLY get to be a mom!

2 comments:

Heather said...

"I hope I keep my sense of humor! I hope my husband keeps his lunch down!" LMAO!!!! That really cracked me up! Well, he made it through watching his sister give birth (with with having had the best seat in the house..or worst depending on which way you look at it) so hopefully he'll pull through his own childs birth w/o yacking or passing out. Of course there is a difference - uncle VS his own child. A little more pressure on the later. At least you'll have your mom there for a "back up". ;o)

So, I have a good feeling about those contractions. I've got my bet set on a April Fools day baby so labor just has to start any minute now! **LOUDLY KNOCKING ON WOOD**

I'll be jumping every time my phone rings in hopes of the big "it's time!" from whoever delivers the news. Oh & if the bebe is still comfortably cookin' tomorrow we definitely need to go for a walk...either around here or in town?? (Even though I know you don't want to go there LOL). It's supposed to be nice though so... But we won't have to worry about that. Your labor is going to start TODAY!

Anonymous said...

That little baby is just like you.....STUBBORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but soon enough you will have her in your arms!! I got all excited yesterday bc you did not answer either phones ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Now I am getting impatient!!!!! LOL I CAN NOT WAIT for us to be together...all dorky with our babies in their moby wraps walking around farmtown!! Just think next fall when we go apple picking we will have 2 little ones picking with us!! I love you little girl and can't wait for you to experience this....you are gonna rock!!!