Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cramps, Contractions & Heartburn - Oh My!

So yesterday, I made a little trip to the OB Ward from some fetal monitoring...THE date is getting pretty close and the baby wasn't moving as much as I'm used to, so we got hooked up...and doesn't it just figure...the baby starts kicking right away... One thing the monitoring did tell me was that I was contracting pretty regularly, had one pretty good strong and long one (no pain, but good just the same, and since when is pain so good anyways!) Well on the way in to the hospital, I couldn't help but smile to myself, probably looking pretty gooberish, that we might be bringing home a baby in a day or two if "something" was up! Well it wasn't of course, but the smile is still there because, it's true any day now...we could be bringing home a baby in a day or two!

I'm sure you've all heard the Old Wives Tail about heartburn and hair on the babies head when it is born! Well I can tell you that my mother had major heartburn, whether that was due to hair or all the orange juice she craved, we'll never know, but I was born with hair long enough to put in a ponytail.... If there is any truth behing the old wives tails (which there is a tie, I'm still looking for the actual results of the testing to post here) this baby is going to be born with hair down to its butt! I should have invested stock in GlaxoSmithKline if I had only known how much I would be spending onTums. They've become another food group in my diet. Heck, maybe I'll still invest as there are plenty of pregnant women who I'm sure deal with the same beautiful pregnancy symptom as mine!

And here's a debatable topic. If I don't go into labor before next week, I will purchased Castor Oil....to "help things along" IF they are ready to be helped along! I'm not kidding when I say this baby is coming next week. I will do all I can to work with this baby, but if isn't working with me, what can I say...I'm the mom and I'm the boss! I'm going to set up those expectations now, right!

Well, have to head off to Childbirth Education, the perfect place to go into labor, as I've been having pretty regular and sometimes strong contractions! COME ON BABY!!!

1 comment:

hrosenberg said...

Let me tell you girl - I had MAJOR heartburn, especially with Piper, and BOTH kiddos were both with a TON of hair!!! During this last pregnancy I was wondering - if the baby's head is "down there" then how would the hair cause heartburn, up there... Well, my father in-law told me that a chemical is released which causes the burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. So, we shall see soon enough with your munchkin!!!!!!